Next: Grading Policy
Up: Course homepage: 0515.4009 Network
Previous: Course topics
This is an advanced course. What does it mean?
- Not a mass audience compulsory course: ``teacher lectures and students hope
for an easy exam''... I am here to teach, and you are here to improve
your knowledge and skills in algorithm design and analysis. Don't take the course if the topic does not really interest you!
- Style of presentation is less formal, a lot of intuition (aka
hand-waiving), but students must be able to fill the details.
- Small class - everybody gets a chance to participate. Students
are expected to contribute to the course and should not restrict their
participation to passive attendance.
- No assistant - I will be your teaching assistant.
- Homework questions are challenging - they do not repeat material
taught in class but require introduction of new ideas. You are
expected to set aside a few hours each week for thinking about the
- Homework will be solved on the board by the students. Chances of getting a grader are very low...