Dr. Guy Even
Office Hour: Wednesday 11-12 (Room 116, Elec. Eng.-Labs Building, best to
coordinate meeting by email)
Mondays 10-12, Room 134, Wolfson
Office Hour: Monday 12-13, Room 106, Elec. Eng.-Labs Building
Thursdays 12-14, Room 438, Wolfson
To be added...
Small modifications compared to last year
Course grade will be determined as follows:
- Homework: homework grades will constitute 25% of final grade.
The homework grade will be the average of the top 80% of the
- Final exam: the grade of the final exam will constitute 75%
of the final grade.
- Students absent due to military service will be exempt from the
homework assignments given during their service. We will also allow
late submission by such students of homework that should have been
submitted during their military service.
- Homework may be submitted in pairs.
- Students unable to attend the final exam are requested to inform
me of this event as soon as possible.
A web interface for joining the list, leaving the list, reading
old postings, etc:
Those of you who have accounts on post.tau.ac.il should have been
added automatically to the list. The computation center of the
university requires students to activate their e-mail accounts. That
can be done in this link:
In any case, the list is open so that everybody may join or leave the
list, post messages, and read the archive.
Please use this channel for all topics related to the course (questions
about material from the class or from homework). I will do my best to
reply quickly to questions directed to me.
Course material is posted as Postscript files or PDF files.
are in pretty bad
shape (especially chapter 3 in which the priority encoder is wrong!),
but I have to give you something...
- exercise number 1.
- exercise number 2 (notice Tsahi's witty joke at the end of the exercise!).
- exercise number 3 (any clue why Tsahi dislikes Scheme?).
- exercise number 4 (DLX - instructions, programming, datapath)
Ami Litman's Lecture Notes in Logic Design, CS Dept., Technion.
- Computer Architecture: complexity and
the older book by the same authors titled ``The Complexity of Simple Computer
- Computer Architecture: A Quantitative
Second Edition John L. Hennessy and David A. Patterson.
for Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, Second Edition.
Contains simulators, lecture slides from various universities, and
- WWW Computer Architecture Home
contains a list of books,
publications, and various activities in Computer